A metronome huh? Tick…tock…tick…tock not much to them… or is there more than meets the eye to this particular metronome? Let’s dive into it!
I’ve always had the classic metronomes, you know the, “got wood?” variety of the ole tick tocker, so when I asked my wife for a metronome (She is also a musician), I was surprised when she ordered me this one. I mean… it is supposed to tick and then tock… hold a beat/rhythm so that without a drummer we can practice timing, how much more can there be to a metronome? Apparently a lot more!
This is a beast of a metronome…wait… is that even possible, I mean it’s a metronome… well yes it is a feature-rich metronome taking the simple device and updating it dramatically, making it infinitely faster to make changes to tempo, and rhythm. Here is what it has to offer;
- The direct and fast setting of beat, tempo, and rhythm by buttons and knobs. Easily reading the color screen helps a lot to understand what you want out of your Sondery brand ProBeat digital metronome.
- Vocal counting option, and 3 types of digital sounds. Big sound out of a speaker. While the LED light on the top gives a clear visual tempo indication and the earphone plug is great for practicing without clicking or during a performance.
- Easily setting tempo by a rotary dial ranging from 40 to 208bpm. 10 beat patterns including 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. And Sondery ProBeat metronome covers all the needs of different rhythm training.
- The tap function allows you to enter your own tempo with every 2 taps. Timer function to set practice time length at 15 minutes, 30, 45, and 60 minutes. Sondery digital metronome helps improve your timing in a rich variety of musical styles.
- The digital metronome is powered by a chargeable Li battery inside. Charge the ProBeat metronome from any 5V USB power source.
I am hearing impaired, so the visual tempo cue is phenomenal and having it on headphones lets the ticking come through even when playing turned up to 11. Seriously, this thing is what happens when you give the old wood metronome viagra and it crushes and snorts it while drinking a fifth of Jack (I do not advocate doing this unless you’re a metronome). This behemoth definitely gets;
You can get a regular metronome like little lord Fauntleroy with a pinky out sipping tea while wearing a primed wig, or you can get this “ARE YOU READY TO ROCK,” whiskey-swilling, booty chasing metronome and truly shred into the 21st century like a boss. So, you can boss up your musical game and grab this incredible metronome (I never thought I’d say that) right here, and no I get nothing from its sale, nor was I paid for this review.