The steps to Citizenship
The first thing is to become knowledgeable about the very steps to citizenship in Newfredland so that you don”t skip any or forget. The steps to gain citizenship in Newfredland are as follows;
- Fill out in full, the citizenship petition form A-1. – Leave nothing unanswered, this is important for consideration for Citizenship and will be in your personal citizens file if you’re accepted.
- Written interview – This can take place via email, instant messenger, or another written correspondence.
- You’ll then receive a citizenship package and welcome letter by email.
- You’re now a citizen, holding full rights and privileges just like any other, but there is a minor catch… within your citizenship package, you’ll find a naturalization EBook [read it ASAP]. You will need to study the naturalization book and within six months you’ll need to request to take a naturalization examination [free of charge].
- If you pass your naturalization examination, you’re a citizen of Newfredland for life. If you fail the naturalization examination, you’ll be given another try at a later date.
Sponsoring a Citizenship
Already existing citizens of Newfredland can also sponsor someone for citizenship, which has the individual filling out the citizenship petition A-1 form and getting their citizenship package. This is very handy for whole families who want to join but don’t want to go through the whole process one person at a time. There are however some drawbacks to sponsorship;
- The one sponsoring is responsible for the individual applying for citizenship. The sponsor will need to be sure the one they are sponsoring doesn’t cause trouble and is learned in our naturalization steps.
- The sponsored citizen will not require the naturalization examination, however, if it is noticed that the one sponsored is unstudied in our naturalization, the weight will fall on the sponsor.
That being said, if you as a citizen sponsor someone, it is best that you know them very well before agreeing to sponsor them. This is a great idea for those with families who want to bring their significant other, their parents, kids, even grandparents along with them, without each having to go through the entire process.